Friday, September 9, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 9: Favorite TV Shows

 

Today we're talking favorite TV shows on the September blog challenge. Here's what's on my must-watch list...

1) Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy
Best show ever. No joke.

It's about a motorcycle club in California. The characters are rough and tough like you'd expect, but the show also plays up more unexpected themes like family, love and loyalty. So good!

We don't have cable anymore, so we started watching SOA on Netflix earlier this year. We were hooked instantly. They only have Seasons 1 and 2 right now, so we can't wait to get Season 3. If you have cable, Season 4 is airing right now on FX.

2) Grey's Anatomy


Grey's Anatomy
I've been a Grey's fan since Season 1. The early episodes are just so awesome. I've been a little underwhelmed in recent seasons, but I still love the characters and the premise, so I continue to watch.

3) Modern Family


Modern Family
Well acted. Hysterically written. Great show. Enough said.

4) The Office


The Office
The Office is a favorite in our house. In fact, when Will was a newborn, we pretty much played episodes of The Office continuously on Netflix. I thought this last season was pretty good (I loved the episode where Michael proposed to Holly), but I'm unsure about the show without Steve Carell. The other characters are strong, so I'm hoping it works. But Michael Scott is such an integral character, it's hard to imagine the show without him.

5) Glee


Glee
Yes, I'm a "Gleek". But what's not to like about Glee? It's attractive people singing a bunch of popular songs. It's like going to see good cover band every week. And I love how they cover relevant social issues on the show. I think they've done a particularly good job with bullying and LGBTQ youth.

4 comments:

  1. I like Modern Family too (apparently I forgot most of my favorite shows or I just watch too much TV to admit all in one post ha) ... did you see that Lily is being replaced with an older toddler Lily? I am looking forward to this season

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the early seasons of Greys Anatomy a lot better too! I kinda am not a fan of main cast changes, so i am disappointed that so many of the original cast members left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Modern Family! I can't believe I forgot to include it in my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really got into last season of Grey's Anatomy with my sister and I'm almost caught up on all the Glee episodes before the new season and I cannot wait!! The music is so awesome! I meant to include it on my list and I forgot but it's definitely a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!