Monday, November 21, 2011

Year of Thanks



I recently read 365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life. In this memoir, author John Kralik chronicles his efforts to write a thank you note every day for an entire year.

I was really struck by the concept, and I decided to do something similar (although modified) within my own life. A thank you note a day is a bit unrealistic for me, but a thank you note a week is certainly doable. So I'm launching my own thank you note project, which I'm calling a Year of Thanks.

Starting this week, I will begin writing one thank you note a week to someone (a friend, family member, coworker, professor, neighbor, store clerk, barista, librarian, anyone really) who has done something to make a positive impact in my life, no matter how big or small. I will be chronicling my progress here, writing a brief description of who I thanked week by week.

It is my hope that between this Thanksgiving and next, this project will help remind me of all I have to be thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing that you're doing -- inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!