Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Pumpkin pie with pumpkin mousse and candied pecans. Yum.

Food is an immensely powerful experience for me. I love what a shared meal represents: family, friends, fellowship, and a full stomach. While it's always a treat to have someone cook for you, I especially love cooking for other people. Or better yet, cooking together. Which is exactly how we do Thanksgiving at our house.

In the 18 hours since I have been home, my mom showed me how to make perfectly pinched pie crust, my sister helped me bake a beautiful pumpkin pie, we both helped my mom make her famous Thanksgiving stuffing, and now we're all sitting around as the turkey bakes away. It's heaven.

Wishing you an equally wonderful day with friends and family. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!