Friday, April 9, 2010

A letter to our son

Dear baby boy,

Your ultrasound was so incredible. I've loved you from day one, but to see you now (20 weeks) opened up an entirely new piece of my heart. You are a part of me more than you will ever know.

The last time we saw you (7 weeks), you were just a little blueberry with a tiny flickering heart beat. Now you're a growing person. Almost a full pound. With perfect little lips and a sweet little nose (which thankfully looks more like daddy's than mine).

We saw your heart beating. Much stronger than before. With four fully formed chambers and blood flowing smoothly throughout. We saw amniotic fluid in your stomach and your bladder, which means your kidneys are working as they should. You really are a miracle.

You stretched your arms and kicked your legs. The ultrasound technician said you're very long already. Daddy would love you to be tall. Just sayin'.

When daddy first saw you on the screen he said, "It looks like a boy!" We didn't know for sure until 40 minutes later, when you flipped upside down, turning your bottom toward the camera. But there it was, unmistakable "boy stuff". A little boy. A son. We were elated.

I think you're the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. I can't wait to hold you and kiss you. I can't wait to snuggle you up against me, and comfort you when you cry. I love you so much. See you in a few short months.

Love,

Mama

1 comment:

Thanks for reading!