Friday, April 16, 2010

Heat Wave

I've never really been crazy about hot weather. Granted, summer is fun. Long days, bright sunshine, swimming, gardening, friends, food, cold drinks. But the hot weather just does not appeal to me. I'm happiest when the temperature is hovering around 65 or 70 degrees.

As we had our first hot weather preview day yesterday (temps reached 80 in Oshkosh), I was reminded of how much I hate the heat. And how I'll be in my third trimester for the three hottest months of the year. Awesome.

Lucky for us, we installed a nice new central air unit last year. And with the pregnancy card tucked firmly in my back pocket, there will be no competition for thermostat control. For once, my comfort trumps Ben's frugality. Now that's pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. You can pass the summer heat our way, we've been hitting 90 and I'm lovin' it! That's what you get for moving to the South...guess you guys really shouldn't consider it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!