Sunday, January 20, 2013

A letter to our daughter

This is a letter I wrote to BG on December 2, 2012, the night we found it she was going to be a girl...

Dear Baby Girl,

Tonight is Mama and Daddy's anniversary... six years. To celebrate, we went out to dinner and asked the restaurant to make us a pink or blue dessert to reveal your gender. It was a delicious meal, but the dessert (a pink cannoli) was truly sweet. I can't believe we'll be welcoming you, our daughter, in just a few short months.

We've been calling you BG (short for Baby Girl) since the first trimester. I had a feeling you were a girl early on, as this pregnancy has been so much different than the pregnancy with your brother. Simply put: I felt awful. It was a really rough ten weeks for me and you. I was nauseous and exhausted virtually all day and night. But as my second trimester approached (14 weeks) it was like a switch flipped... almost overnight I stopped feeling sick and had my energy back! Since then, this pregnancy has been an absolute joy.

Although we didn't learn your gender until tonight (Sunday), we got to see you at your 20 week ultrasound this past Wednesday. We got several photos from the ultrasound tech, and I simply can't stop staring at your beautiful face. You have such delicate little features... cute button nose, sweet rose bud lips. I can't wait to shower you with snuggles and kisses when you arrive in April.

Undoubtedly, the greatest blessing is that you're healthy. You have a strong heart, with four chambers and blood flowing smoothly throughout. Your kidneys are working, and your brain looks "beautiful" according to the ultrasound tech. I'm so thankful to know you're growing healthy and strong.

I started feeling your kicks and movements a few weeks ago, but they've been much more muffled and sporadic than what I remember with your brother. It turns out, the placenta is on the front of my uterus this time, meaning there's a thicker cushion between the two of us. I usually feel you moving around a few times a day though, which is such a joy. Even though this is our second pregnancy, I can't believe how new and magical everything feels again. You are such an incredible miracle.

Daddy, Will and I love you so much. We can't wait to meet you in a few short months.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!