Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sick and Pregnant

There is nothing worse than being sick while you're pregnant.

Ben, Will and I all had the flu over Christmas, which socked us with aches, chills, fever and cough for about a week. We were all on the mend (finally), but my cough came back with a vengeance late last week.

All the coughing was making it difficult to sleep, so I visited my doc on Monday. They diagnosed me with acute bronchitis and gave me an IV in the office to get my fluids up.

Thanks to Ben, I've been resting a lot and starting to feel better. But I can't help but worry what all this stress on my body is doing to poor BG. She's kicking like crazy (and fine I'm sure), but I hate thinking that anything could affect her healthy growth and development.

So I rest. And worry. And try to eat especially healthy to counteract the illness. But as my friend Nicole so aptly pointed out on Monday, being sick just takes all the fun out of being pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!