Sunday, May 8, 2011

My very first Mother's Day

Wow! I must say that Mother's Day is simply awesome. Ben spoiled me rotten with breakfast in bed and a beautiful card. I got lots of baby snuggles and didn't have to change a diaper all day. Now that's a gift!

I know this is Mother's Day, but I made it a point to tell Ben that I would not be a good mother without a good father. While it's nice to have the spotlight for a day, we are a team and I could not walk this road without him.

I found myself reflecting quite a bit today. On my first year as a mother, my own mom, and what I want for my child. Not that we should need a special day to do that, but life gets in the way sometimes. It's good just to slow down and take a moment to appreciate what really matters.

Much love to my incredible family. And thank you for a memorable first Mother's Day!

Breakfast (and baby toys) in bed. If you look closely, you can see my
Mother's Day flowers on the left!
Yep, that's Will and I on the card. Awwww!
We had a beautiful day!
Happy Mother's Day, Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!