Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Five Things You May Not Know About Me

  1. I'm a terrible baker. Terrible. I think it's because baking is pretty much science... chemical reactions, applied heat, etc. I'm much better (and pretty damn good) at cooking, where I can substitute and improvise at will.
  2. I'm afraid of birds. I believe this is a learned trait from my mother, but birds totally freak me out. Something about their wings and my hair. They always swoop down at you, like they're going to dive-bomb your head. (As a side note, this makes our choice for a bird-themed nursery especially puzzling.)
  3. Public bathrooms give me the willies. When we're traveling I will only stop at Target or Kwik Trip bathrooms, as they are impeccably clean and never smell weird.
  4. I'm not a naturally neat person. I have to work really hard to keep my house clean. Like really hard. I love design and organization, but my natural inclination is to be messy. Keeping clutter at bay is a constant battle in our house.
  5. I can't watch regular television anymore. We gave up cable when Will was born in 2010, so almost all our television consumption is done on-demand via Netflix or Amazon. As a result, I find it very difficult to watch shows in "real-time" anymore. It seems like an eternity to wait a week between episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!