Monday, March 18, 2013

Bump Watch 2.0

This is adapted, almost word for word, from an email I sent to a dear friend who sweetly asked, "Your girl is coming soon. How are you doing?"


BG - 36 Weeks

I'm 36 weeks (compare to 36 weeks with Will). I'm huge, up a whopping 45 lbs. as of today's OB appointment. I have killer heartburn. My Braxton-Hicks are non-stop. The baby sits so low in my pelvis that I often feel like she's going to fall out of me. I have pregnancy insomnia, so I never sleep more than 3-4 consecutive hours. I pee 14 times a day. In short, I'm miserable.

This pregnancy has been so much harder than my pregnancy with Will. It shocks me how different it's been. I actually declined birthday celebrations with my extended family this week because I can't fathom doing anything other than going to work and taking care of Will. I'm physically and mentally exhausted.


I try and stay focused on how this is probably my last baby and my last pregnancy. So while I'd love her to get out of my rib cage for just five freaking seconds, I also love feeling her kicks and movement. Talking to her. Having her be all mine.

But I'm also ready to hold her. Have her here. Start our new life as a family of four.


We're squarely in the home stretch now. Nine months pregnant. She's head down and "very low" according to my midwife. If she's like her brother, she could be here in just a few weeks.


So we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!