Friday, February 15, 2013

Bump Watch 2.0

31 Weeks with BG

Hello, I'm a giant person (compare this week to 30 weeks pregnant with Will).

At my OB check yesterday, I learned that I've already gained 35 pounds this pregnancy, which is pretty awful considering I have 2+ months to go (the recommended weight gain is 25-35 pounds total). 

Everyone says I carry it well (another tall girl perk), but I'm really sad about the extra weight. I know it's because of winter and bronchitis and eating an entire row of Oreo's in one sitting not exercising as much, but it just feels like a lot (I only gained 33 pounds during my entire pregnancy with Will).

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. I was told to stop exercising until my bronchitis improved, which took 6 weeks. And though I probably could have made some better food choices here and there, I'm pretty healthy eater overall. But I'm starting to have some anxiety about my fitness level and how it will affect my ability to labor naturally again. Not to mention slimming down after birth.

The upside? It will be spring and summer during BG's newborn stage, which means lots of walks and outside time. I'm ready for the warm weather to return. To be outdoors and active again. Winter is really bringing me down this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!