Thursday, March 11, 2010

Watch This

I'm doing it. I'm getting a cold ham sandwich for lunch.

The official recommendation is that pregnant women should avoid deli meats, unless the meat has been heated to steaming (to kill any possible lysteria). But wouldn't you know it, all I've been craving lately is a cold ham sandwich from Jimmy John's.

I asked my doctor about it on Monday, and she said the occassional deli sandwich would be fine. Weeks ago I vowed to trust my doctor's advice, and ignore anything that Google or the crazy mom bloggers told me. So I'm doing it. I'm having a delicious, thin-sliced, deli ham sandwich for lunch.

I guess you could say I'm living dangerously. On the edge. At the meat counter.

1 comment:

  1. Yay sandwiches!

    I like to go back and forth, having weeks where I'm all like "oh no no no its too dangerous", and then having weeks where I'm like, "F that, I love me some turkey sandwiches."

    Even among health professionals the recommendations are really inconsistent, so I take that as a sign that its probably just fine. It seems like as long we stay away from week-old meat that has been sitting at room temperature, we are okay.

    You get down with your bad sandwich eating self. Snap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!