Friday, March 12, 2010

Waist Not, Want Not

I only have one pair of work pants that I can still button. Luckily my jeans are all low-rise, so they seem to be holding up. But work wear is getting a little tight.

So I bit the bullet and ordered some maternity pants yesterday. This is a moment I've been dreading. I want to be comfortable, but I also want to be cute. And I have the added hassle of needing pants with an extra-long inseam.

Luckily Gap Maternity was able to accomodate. The black dress pants I ordered are super long and cut nicely. I even managed to find a pair of maternity skinny jeans (oxymoron?).

Now if only JCrew carried maternity. That would thrill me beyond belief.

3 comments:

  1. My friend wore these belly band type things that allowed her to wear her regular jeans/pants unzipped (I think she got them from Target). Another friend got some extra button thing to elongate the waist of her jeans. I feel like I always see commercials for super cute maternity wear...you will be beautiful no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, honestly Sammy, I can still wear my old jeans if I just wear a longer shirt/blouse and employ some rubberbands or a bellyband. Tutorial tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking a Belly Band purchase will be taking place tomorrow. Maggie, actual pregnant person visual appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!