Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ode to Birth Control

A few reasons why I miss birth control...

1) I was blissfully unaware that my body didn't want to ovulate.
2) The constant stream of hormones made my skin beautifully clear (I haven't seen blemishes like this since I was 14).

In other news, still no period. I know I'm not pregnant, but I'm going to be forced to take a pregnancy test tomorrow just to be sure. We have bridesmaid bar crawl on Saturday (a bar crawl in which you wear old bridesmaid dresses), and it seems irresponsible to drink without knowing for sure.

Just add the $5 pregnancy test to my conception tab.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we spend so much time trying NOT to get pregnant, only to do an abrupt 180?

    I'm going to recommend ordering a bulk pack of the cheap dip-stick prego tests (http://www.amazon.com/Byrdlabs-W1-pregnancy-test-strips/dp/B0002YIQEQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1261066168&sr=8-2). It is SO much cheaper and measures the exact same hormone, plus you don't feel bad using one.

    To be honest, I kept using them after we had even done the clinic test. Yes, I'm neurotic. I just wanted to see that I was still pregnant (days without morning sickness often convinced me I was no longer pregnant before I could feel the babe) and they allowed me to have peace of mind with the guilt of $5 pee sticks. :) So yeah. Invest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I'll definately be ordering some of those. I'm also going to reorder the OPK tests you sent me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!