Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Nursery Preview

As promised, here's a peek at BG's nursery...


Despite my complete and utter fear of birds, we went with a bird theme. It felt very whimsical to me, without being overly girly.

In planning the nursery, I knew I wanted to do something in yellow and gray, but the pieces I chose initially weren't cohesive enough. It just felt very boring and blah, until I found this gorgeous bird mobile...


It really only takes one piece to inspire a space. After I found the mobile, the rest of the room just fell into place.

We elected to introduce a few more colors from the mobile, most notably the aqua/mint and red/pink. The extra color really helped the room "pop" more. The yellow and gray is pretty, but very neutral.


I think the closet may be my favorite part of the room. I love the extra color and it's so organized!


My mom made the valance and the curtains for the closet, as well as the baby quilt pictured on the crib in the first photo.


I'm debating adding something over the changing table. I feel like that space needs to be anchored somehow, but I don't want it to look too cluttered. I like this look of this frame collage.

I'm also in love with this glider makeover. I hate how boring and neutral our glider is. All of our nursery furniture is recycled from Will, but if I had a do-over, I'd invest in a much comfier (and prettier) chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!