Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Coming out

Despite the fact that my mother-in-law is super excited about the baby (Welcome to the Roxy, I'm going to be a grandma!), very few people in our inner circle know that I'm pregnant.

We told friends J + T a few weeks ago, simply because having a baby in August will make it difficult for Ben and I to stand up in their August wedding. But we wanted to wait until the 12 week mark to tell everyone else. Just in case.

We see the doctor tomorrow, and provided there's heartbeat and everything looks OK, we're coming out to our friends this weekend.

I'd say the baby's out of the bag, but that sounds like a suffocation hazard.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! My parents will be so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting! I'm sure everyone is going to be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is that motherly instinct - trying to keep anyone and anything away from plastic bags...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, "Welcome to the Roxy, I'm going to be a Grandma". Just wait until it is "Welcome to the Roxy, here are 48 pictures of my grandchild". Eli goes to visit Grandma at McD's once and a while. She tells all of the regulars that he is there so they can say hi.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!