Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Memory Lane

It's fun to go back and read some of my old blog posts. Though it appears my infertility fears may have been a bit overdramatic.

It's also interesting to read about the symptoms I was having right before we got the positive pregnancy test. I assumed they were PMS symptoms, but it turns out they were signs of early pregnancy. Like cramping (most likely implantation cramping) and breaking out (pregnancy hormones wreaking havoc on my face). And of course extreme fatigue.

I'm 8 weeks today. Still several weeks before we're out of the "miscarriage zone" (12 weeks). I'm trying to remind myself that a miscarriage, though sad, means the baby wasn't viable. I can't control how the cells divide or how the organs develop. But I can eat healthy, exercise and get plenty of rest.

Luckily, the doctor says that once you hear the heart beat, the chance of miscarriage drops dramatically. Keep growing little guy (or girl). We can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!