Sunday, July 25, 2010

The ninth month













Today begins my ninth month of pregnancy... only a few more weeks until we meet our baby. This moment used to feel so far away. Now I find myself begging him to stay in there until mama's ready.

All in all, it's been a really easy pregnancy. No morning sickness, no heartburn, not even many cravings. I still sleep well, and I'm generally relaxed. Ben may argue that my hormones have been a touch... frustrating. It's amazing how quickly something can send me over the edge these days. But he's learned what I need to chill out and move on... a few deep breaths, a big hug and an "I love you" is usually all it takes.

Despite the general ease of the past few months, I am starting to get more uncomfortable. I can't sit up or lay down without grunting. And sometimes the baby sits so low in my tummy that I feel like he might fall right out of me. I still manage to walk 1-2 miles every evening, but I walk sooooo slooooowly now. That's probably the biggest indicator of how large I feel. Pre-pregnancy, I was a notoriously fast walker.

I've gained about 26 pounds, which was more than I was hoping for, but within the recommended range for pregnant women (25-35 pounds). I'll probably clear 30 before the baby's born, but that's OK, especially given my recent love affair with ice cream.

We have all the necessary baby gear (and then some). Clothes, diapers and bedding have been washed. The hospital bag has been packed. And Stella will be taken care of while we're gone. We're about as ready as we're gonna be. So now, we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!