Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stuff I Love And You Should Too: July Edition

Note: I am no way endorsed or compensated by the businesses and products below. These are just things that I legitimately love, and you should too!

I love when other bloggers to do this, so here are a few things that I'm coveting this month...

1) Goody Spin Pins

Photo courtesy of Beauty Scribbler

I love these things! For someone who wears her hair up almost every day (like me), they are heaven sent. Cute up-do in half the time, with far fewer bobby pins. Fabulous!

2) Sephora Perfecting Cover Foundation

Photo courtesy of Lazy Beautiful

I've never been a huge makeup person. I want to look polished, but I never want to look done up. Most days I just wear moisturizer and mascara, but as I get older, my skin isn't as flawless as it used to be. So I find myself needing foundation to cover dark eye circles and even out my skin tone. I can't stand most foundations, so I had been using a tinted moisturizer. But I really need something with more coverage. Enter: Sephora Perfecting Cover Foundation.

I just started using it last week, and let me tell you: this stuff is amazing. It's light, blends well and gives me an even, dewey complexion. It covers everything, and is oil and paraben-free. It's my new go-to foundation. Love!

3) Magnetic Cabinet Locks

Photo courtesy of Amazon.com

A dear friend recommended magnetic cabinet locks after baby proofing for her son. We just ordered these for our new house, and they are fabulous. No pinched fingers (a la traditional cabinet locks), plus they are baby safe and adult friendly (which I honestly can't say about most other cabinet locks... you practically need a PhD in engineering to use them). If you're in the market for cabinet and/or drawer locks, I highly recommend.

4) Heartfelt Yarn Wreaths

Photo courtesy of Heartfelt Yarn Wreaths

I came across this Etsy shop a few weeks back, and it was love a first sight! Katie is based out of Manitoba, Canada, creating some beautiful and stunning wrapped yarn wreaths. We bought a grey and yellow wreath (titled "Sunshine and Smoke") for our new house. Simply stunning!

She does custom orders, but her pre-made styles are super fab. With Will's first birthday coming up, I'm coveting some of her new birthday wreaths. Be sure to check her out!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a blog post!

    Aren't those twirly bobby pins the best invention? Genius!

    Thank you so much for the great write up on my wreaths! You are so sweet. I see you quickly discovered my newest wreath style, too :)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, congratulations, you have won the Baby Signs giveaway on Mama Pea Pod! Please email me (my contact info is available through my blog) and let me know your email and mailing addresses by July 24th please.

    Thank you and congratulations! It's a great prize, I wish I could have entered myself!

    BTW, cute blog, am now following too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!