Thursday, February 24, 2011

Me Time

One of the best things I've done for myself lately is to ask my mother-in-law to take Will on Thursday afternoons. It's such a lovely break.

Sometimes I do homework or clean. Other days I go shopping or grab lunch. Today I'm getting my hair cut, and enjoying a few quiet hours of down time.

But wouldn't you know it... I miss him terribly already. I wonder what he's doing, if he's fussy, and whether he misses me. I know it's good for him (and me) to spend some time apart, but I'm already counting down the minutes until 4:00.

Parenthood is so fickle.

1 comment:

  1. Sam, I'm so glad you are doing this for yourself (and for Will). When you have time apart, you enjoy each other so much more when you get back together. (I'm sure Grandma loves it too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!